MARKS TENNIS STADIUM
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California 90089
Telephone: (213) 740-3843
Tennis Center (opened 1973)
About Marks Tennis Stadium
Home to USC's great tennis program, the Marks Tennis Stadium was dedicated in 1973 when four of USC's past NCAA champions - Alex Olmedo (1956, 1958), Dennis Ralston (1963, 1964), Bob Lutz (1967) and Stan Smith (1968) held an exhibition.
The site hosted the 1974 and 1990 NCAA men's championship tournament and was a training site for the 1984 Olympic Games. Two of the stadium's five oversized hard courts are named after Trojans who became Wimbledon champions: Olmedo (in 1959) and Smith (in 1972).
Bench seating is available for 1,000 around the five oversized hard courts.
•Location and parking:
The facility is on the USC campus. It is easily accessed from the Santa Monica (10) Freeway via the Vermont Avenue or Hoover Street exit. Follow either street to Jefferson Boulevard and turn to enter the campus. Enter at the McClintock Avenue gate.
The facility is managed by the university. For information about use of the facility, please contact the Athletic Department at (213) 740- 3843 or by fax at (213) 740-1306.
The stadium has five hard-surface courts, is lit for night play and has an excellent scoreboard/message board installed in 1989.
Underneath the stadium is the Leonard Andrews Varsity Lounge and team room, along with two locker rooms for the USC men's and women's teams.