LEBARD STADIUM AT ORANGE COAST COLLEGE
Orange Coast College
2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Telephone: (714) 432-5122
Football Stadium (opened 1955)
About Lebard Stadium
This facility is situated on the Orange Coast College campus and is home to the Pirates as well as the Golden West College football team. It is part of the OCC athletics complex which also includes the 1,700-seat Basil H. Peterson Gymnasium, the Doc Mason Fieldhouse, an outdoor swimming facility, 12 tennis courts and a nine-lane track.
It was designed by Parker, Zehnder and Associates and built for $296,650, opening on September 16, 1955. Originally named Pirate Stadium, it was renamed in 1967 for Harry R. LeBard, a community leader and a founding member of the district's board of trustees. The all-time attendance record for LeBard came in 1962, when 10,000 piled in to see the OCC gridders take on Fullerton.
Seating is arranged on both sides of the field, with an overall capacity of 7,600. The field is lit for night play.
•Location and parking:
LeBard Stadium is located neat the intersection of Adams avenue and Fairview Road in Costa Mesa. It's just over a mile south of the San Diego (405) Freeway (Fairview exit).
The facility is managed by the college. Inquiries for use should be directed to Eric Montgomery, sports information director, at (714) 432-5175 or by fax to (714) 432-5934.
The field itself is field turf, a synthetic surface used by many NFL and NCAA Division I teams. The filed is lined for both football and soccer. There are grandstands (with aluminum seats installed in 1991) rising on each side. There is excellent lighting for night play from six fixed towers and metal-halide illumination.
There are locker rooms for both the home and visiting teams in the attached fieldhouse, plus a training facility and drying room. There are booths for coaches adjacent to the press box atop one of the grandstands.
Spectator amenities include plenty of close-by parking, two ticket booths, two permanent concession stands and an electronic scoreboard which was installed in 1990.