Chair: Tony Sciarrino
In October 2017, Tony Sciarrino was elected Chairman of the Sports Council, succeeding Karen Brodkin (2013-17) and becoming only the fifth person to hold the title of Chairman since the inception of the Sports Council in 1988.
Sciarrino previously served as a Vice-Chair on the Sports Council’s 78-member Board.
Tony is the California segment head for Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) business for JP Morgan Chase. He is responsible for leading a team of commercial bankers in California, delivering the firm’s global capabilities to local clients to help them achieve their goals – including Treasury Services, Asset Management, Credit and Investment Banking – and growing the MMBSI business in the state.
He has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Finance from the University of San Diego.
Sciarrino resides in Manhattan Beach with his wife Christine and three children, where he enjoys being actively involved in youth sports.
President: David Siegel
David joined the Los Angeles Sports Council and Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games as President and Chief Executive Officer of both organizations in December 2018 after a 22-year career in the Los Angeles Dodgers organization. With the Dodgers, he worked in every revenue producing department, most recently as Vice President of Global Partnerships, after spending 10 years as the Vice President of Ticket Sales. Under his leadership, the Dodgers achieved the highest attendance in Major League Baseball for five consecutive seasons.
David is a leading expert in sports marketing, ticket policy, pricing and promotion, as well the development of unique product offerings. He frequently shares his expertise, delivering presentations and lectures at industry events and meetings, in addition to university undergraduate and graduate sports business programs.
David also serves as a Director for Team Prime Time, a non-profit program for at-risk children from low-income areas of Los Angeles. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication from the University of California, San Diego, where he played on the school’s nationally ranked baseball team.
Senior Advisor: David Simon
David Simon served as the Founding President of the Sports Council from 1988 until his retirement in 2018, Under his leadership the organization attracted events to Southern California with an economic impact of more than $1 billion, launched the annual LA Sports Awards show (now in its 14th year) and created programs which provided thousands of underprivileged local youngsters with the opportunity to attend college and professional sporting events.
He continues to support the Sports Council on a project basis. He also holds the positions of Vice President of the World Union of Olympic Cities and Co-Chair of CityAccord at the annual SportAccord Convention.
Sports Council directors are elected for a period of two years and are selected from the business and sports community in Southern California. Sports Council directors also serve on the Sports Council Foundation.
- Dave Allen, President, Auto Club Speedway
- Lindsay Amstutz, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Fox Sports West
- Joshua Anderson, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP
- Dan Beckerman, President & CEO, AEG
- Christopher D. Brearton, Chief Operating Officer, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc.
- John Boyle, President & CEO, Automobile Club of Southern California
- Rich Brand, Partner, Arent Fox LLP
- Rhonda Brauer, RBrauer Consulting
- Jeanie Buss, Executive Vice President, Los Angeles Lakers
- Jack Caress, President, Pacific Sports LLC
- Fred Claire, Board of Directors, Rose Bowl Operating Company
- Dale Coleman, Vice President, Fairplex
- Judi M. Cordray, Vice President/General Manager, ESPN
- Kevin Demoff, Chief Operating Officer & Executive Vice President, Los Angeles Rams
- Michelle DeMott, Southwest/LA Regional Marketing Manager, CLIF Bar and Company
- *Ann Meyers Drysdale, Broadcaster, ESPN
- James L. Easton, Chairman, Easton-Bell Sports
- *Janet Evans-Wilson
- Dennis A. Farrell, Commissioner, Big West Conference
- *Lisa Fernandez, Assistant Softball Coach, UCLA
- Dan Finnerty, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Spectrum Sports Networks
- Robert French, Director-Regional Sales, United Airlines
- Nicole Duckett, General Counsel & Vice President, Los Angeles Clippers
- Daniel G. Guerrero, Director of Athletics, UCLA
- Russell A. Hagey, Partner & Managing Director, Bain & Company, Inc.
- Bill Hanway, Executive Vice President and Global Sports Leader, AECOM
- Daniel M. Hartman
- Jeffrey Hill, Partner & Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
- *Rafer Johnson, Founding Chair, Special Olympics Southern California
- Dave Klewan, General Manager, Tiger Woods Foundation and Genesis Open
- Andrew W. Knox, Managing Director, Chelsea Partners
- Dennis Kuhl, Chairman, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Craig Levra
- Seth Makowsky, CEO, Makowsky Restaurant Group
- Jeffrey Marks, CEO, Innovative Partnerships Group
- Patrick McClenahan, President and CEO, Goodwill Southern California
- *John Moffet, President, Southern California Olympians & Paralympians Assn.
- Robert F. Murray, General Manager, Anaheim Ducks
- *John Naber, Naber & Associates
- Thomas G. Nussbaum, Partner, KPMG LLP
- *Apolo Anton Ohno
- CJ Olivares, CEO, ETN Media
- William H. O'Brien, President & GM, West Operating Unit, Coca-Cola Refreshments
- Bryan Palbaum, President and COO, Trader Joe’s
- Gerald S. Papazian, Managing Director, Fountainhead Associates, Inc.
- Joan A. Payden, President & CEO, Payden & Rygel
- Tom Penn, President, Los Angeles Football Club
- Greg Penske, President & CEO, Penske Motor Group
- Richard B. Perelman, President, Perelman, Pioneer & Co.
- Jeffrey Pollack, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Los Angeles Chargers
- Bruce Ramer, Partner, Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown
- Murphy Reinschreiber, Chief Operating Officer, Conqur Endurance Group
- David B. Rogers, Majestic Holdings LLC
- Timothy Romer, Managing Director, Goldman Sachs
- Rick Rosas, Tax Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Lon Rosen, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Los Angeles Dodgers
- Tim J. Ryan, President & CEO, Honda Center
- Maria Salinas, President & CEO, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
- J. Eugene Salomon, Jr., Partner, Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown
- Frank M. Sanchez, Owner/Operator, McDonald's Restaurants
- Barry A. Sanders, Chairman, Southern California Committee for the Olympic Games
- Bill Shumard, President & CEO, Southern California Special Olympics
- Renata Simril, CEO, LA84 Foundation
- Amy K. Stanton, Founder & CEO, Stanton & Company, LLC
- Dan Stimmler, Chief Operating Officer, L.A. Memorial Coliseum and Sports Arena
- William E. Thomson, Jr., AAF Rose Bowl Aquatics Center
- Robert D. Thun, Senior Vice President, Content & Programming, AT&T Entertainment Group
- Ronald Turner, Gensler Sports
- David Ulich, President, Foundation for Global Sports Development
Ex-officio members of the Board include:
- Robert S. Rollo, Heidrick & Struggles (Ret.)
- Gene D. Block, Chancellor, UCLA
- Margaret U. Farnum, L.A. Memorial Coliseum Commission (Ret.)
- Richard J. Foster, Past President, U.S. Aquatic Sports
- Franklin R. Johnson, Board Member, International Tennis Federation
- Claire L. Rothman
- David Siegel, President
- David Simon, Senior Advisor
- Ben Stilp, Controller
- Mark Meyers, Director of Communications
- Monica Maldonado, Director of Special Events
- Mona Green, Executive Assistant & Office Manager
Top of Page